Some information to help
We at Gascoine Photography really want you to obtain the photographs you want, so that you can look back and enjoy them for a lifetime. If you haven't visited our gallery as of yet you'll see that unlike other professional photographers, we offer you the final digital product. We pride ourselves in our product and that product just happens to be images of you and your life. No matter if you want a stunning portrait of yourself or your family, or if you would like some artwork without you in it, then you have come to the right place. We have pulled together some notes to help you get the most out of your photo shoot. However don't think this is all the advice we can offer. The moment you contact us we will begin the process of defining your requirements and brainstorming ideas with you to make sure you have everything you need. Oh and if you have a question don’t be afraid to let us know .. we don’t bite!!
Notes for all
Photography is what you make of it. As it is you we will be capturing, we want you to look amazing. With that in mind, based on our experience here are some notes to help you achieve your best on the day.
- We typically have at least 20 good images, even on short sessions. No need to panic. This is your day and we will do all we can to make it stress free.
All sessions are available on location or in the studio
- location, location, location The background for your images will transform them. Sometimes a location can bring a new dimension to a photograph, or perhaps it will give some history or perspective.
- Sometimes the studio will offer a more personal experience, especially for portraits and family settings. We can even travel to you if you have space for us to set up. Contact us for more details.
- We have a ton of experience so please ask, we will do our best to deliver, so take a look through our images. If there is something that jumps out then tell us about it and perhaps we can use similar influences.
That magic photo
- In most cases we will offer a small free consultation at the start of the session where we will show you some images and try to define the “look” you are seeking.
- Not all photos make the cut, if you have a specific shot in mind let us know ahead of time so we can make every effort to ensure that it is included in your final images
Clothes, Hair & Makeup
- Hair & Makeup is in your control, during the shoot we will make sure you look your best, but it will pay off to spend time on these aspects before hand.
- If you can bring a change of clothes with you, perhaps a top or two, or that dress you look great in. Gents, now its the time to put on your shoes and look your best. These photos will last forever.
Props and Objects
- Sometimes a toy, a chair or even a car will provide an extra special component to your photos.
Wedding package sizes vary based upon needs. We like to work with each couple to define their own unique requirements to make their special day a memory that lasts for ever. The below lists represent some of the more typical sessions that can take place (either in one day or over a number of days)
Engagement / Save The Date
- Plan on sessions lasting from 90-180 minutes depending on the package.
- Everyone is happiest when they are comfortable; make sure everyone has eaten prior to the shoot. Wear clothes that reflect the occasion, If you have decided to go for a smart look then both of you should make an effort.
- If you have decided to go casual avoid clothes with visible labels or wording as those details can detract from the overall photosPatterns, bold colors, layers, textures and accessories make for interesting photos
- Feel free to bring a second change of clothing for yourself and for any children you would like to be present.
- If you want to include your children, then perhaps engage a friend or relative to look after them when its time to focus on you
The Wedding Itself
Congratulations, the most important day of your life is here. Before the day we will have communicated many times. It is so important to us to know what your looking for, after all you may have been planing this since you were a child. Let us help you at every stage. This is a custom experience, one designed just for you. so with that in mind, leave it to us to give you those photographic memories that will last a lifetime.
- In normal cases we book out the day of the wedding for you, however we always strive to meet your budget.
- We have a pick list of photos to help organize the photographic side of the day, spending some time on this in advance can really help streamline the time we take to give you those perfect photographs.
- Let us know what you would like us to be involved in and we will work behind the scenes to give you a special insight of your day. Here are some of the options you can choose from.
Bachelorette & Bachelor parties (venue permission may be required)
Breakfast with the family
Dress fitting & Preparations
Family & Friends - Group shots & Portraits
Farewell & See off
Trash The Dress
Portrait & Family Session Details
- Plan on sessions lasting from 30-180 minutes depending on the package.
- Everyone is happiest when they are comfortable; make sure everyone has eaten prior to the shoot; with small children it helps to bring along a snack
- Avoid clothes with visible labels or wording as those details can detract from the overall photos
- Patterns, bold colors, layers, textures and accessories make for interesting photos
- Feel free to bring a second change of clothing for children
- Sessions are available on location or in the studio
- Patience! Newborns sessions typically last 2-3 hours
- We get the best photos between two and three weeks of age as this is when infants tend to sleep the most
- Plan to feed your infant at least once during the session
- Bring accessories- special blankets, toys, outfits, etc. We will try to work in as many as possible
Stellar Focus reserves the rights to all photos. Upon purchase of digital downloads you have purchased the right to print and distribute for personal use. You may not edit, crop, or sell the images. They may not be used for promotional material without permission. When distributing images online you must give credit to Stellar Focus.
While we will of course strive to give you everything you desire on the day of your session, we cannot of course, promise that we can make the dream of a picture of you wrestling a tiger while surfing into the sunset a reality. While we make every effort to give you all the photos you’ve asked for, circumstance may not allow us the privilege.